Our practice aims to provide high-quality health care to our patients and will treat you with courtesy and respect, maintaining confidentiality at all times. In addition. we expect our patients to keep appointments made or to cancel appointments in good time and to advise us as soon as possible of any changes to your name, address or telephone number.
The practice maintains the right to remove from the practice list any patient who is violent or abusive to any member of staff on the practice premises.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- To provide a high-quality service at all times, intended to meet the health needs of you and your family and to treat you with courtesy and respect.
- To offer quickly the most appropriate care by suitably qualified people who will explain your condition and treatment in an understandable way.
- To provide a non-urgent appointment with a suitable clinician within 10 working days.
- To provide, for emergency conditions, a consultation with a suitable clinician on the same day.
- To provide repeat prescriptions within 2 working days.
- To provide home visits to palliative care and housebound patients.
To treat all information and details in the strictest confidence and to give you access to your health records subject to any limitations of the law.
What We Expect From You:
- To attend appointments on time, or give adequate notice if you have to cancel.
- To request a home visit only when too ill to attend the practice and not for social convenience. If possible, requests should be made by 10 am to allow us to plan the day’s work.
- To request an ‘Out of Hours’ consultation or visit ‘A&E’ only when truly necessary.
- To treat staff with the courtesy you would expect to receive.
- To inform us if you change your address or telephone number.
- To try to attend health promotion clinics when invited.
- To request repeat prescriptions in a timely manner.
- To try to maintain a healthy lifestyle.